North Carolina Young Bankers (NCYB)
The North Carolina Bankers Association (NCBA) announced the formation of the North Carolina Young Bankers (NCYB) in late 2015. The NCYB was developed to identify and foster the professional development of emerging leaders in North Carolina’s banking industry. Becoming a member of NCYB provides access to regional and state-wide networking events, educational resources and leadership opportunities. Members of NCYB will support the overall mission of the NCBA, serving as advocates for the industry as well as promoting financial literacy through working with youth in North Carolina. Members can give back to the communities in which they serve through coordinated financial literacy efforts which include tools to help members teach our future generations at your bank or in local schools.
To be the premier organization that develops and engages emerging bank leaders while strengthening our community.
To achieve its vision the North Carolina Young Bankers will:
- Promote financial literacy for North Carolina’s youth
- Encourage awareness and active engagement in the industry
- Foster professional development and provide leadership opportunities for our members
• Must be employed by a member bank in good standing of the NCBA
• Age requirement: 20-45
• All bank levels/positions are eligible
• NCYB Convention (Sept. 11-13, 2016 – Charlotte, NC)
• Leadership Luncheons (various – stay tuned for more & see below)
• Camp Challenge Volunteer Days (Summer 2016)
• Bankers in Schools (November 2016)
Upcoming NCYB Leadership Luncheons:
If you are interested in becoming a member of the NCYB, please contact Dawn Thompson,vice president & national legislative affairs, associate counsel at the NCBA and staff liaison for the NCYB. Dawn can be reached at Dawn@ncbankers.org.